We started to develop this line of work five years ago, perhaps because of the arrival of kids in our lives, so we got into the world of school dinners. We discovered that if we put the same enthusiasm, affection and professional attitude into this as we do in our other work we could help to guarantee a healthy diet for our children.
We started work on the project, we sought advice from experts in nutrition and we drew up the lines of work for the team. Today we can fairly say that Vaquita Cole (Vaquita Schools) is a reality. We work with teachers, parents and the pupils themselves and we set up a Health Committee in each school that takes part in designing the menus.
The cornerstones of Vaquita Cole are:
- Designing balanced menus that encourage children to eat fruit and vegetables.
- A highly specialised team.
- Selection of food, with the best raw materials.
- Designing and monitoring varied Menus, based on the analysis and recommendations of dietary and nutrition professionals.
- Supplying menus to cover special health and/or ideological needs.
- Traditional preparation of all our food.
- We only use olive oil.
- All our menus are based on food health and hygiene controls.
- This is also a project aimed at educating children into acquiring good eating habits.
At Vaquita Cole, we make up over 1000 menus a day with our quality guarantee and respect for the way we work. Each pupil is also special and very important for us.
On our blog, Myriam’s Workshop, , we will offer contents, along with our mascot La Vaca Margarita, not only concerning healthy nutrition for our children, but also about everything that may interest you for learning the right eating habits, and tips to make breakfast, lunch and dinner time more attractive. In short, it is a space for you to participate and where we hope to involve children too, with stories, pictures to colour, etc.